A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Wednesday, 13 September 2017

So let's chat hair

My new do
Hiya folks, gosh does it seem like I have hair vent moments here a lot. This morning I got a haircut...I went from my hair just past my shoulders to what you see in the pic. The thing I got a lot of talking to about my hair while at the hairdresser. It started with the person who washed my hair saying she would do so much if she had hair like mine, why don't I blow dry and flat iron it, why do I want to cut it. Going to the hairdresser, who knows I don't want any chemical treatments to straighten my hair to the person who was assisting the hairdresser making comments about how I need to do x, y, and z with my hair, and that I'm going to miss the length.*

And I'm just so freaking over it. Seriously, my hair, my hair is good hair. My hair is GOOD hair because I say it is. I am working so, so hard to work with the hair I have, and not go for some idea of what others thing good hair is. My hair will never be that hair. So if I can deal with it, then you whose hair it isn't, should just suck it up.

And you know hair is just the tip of the iceberg. Why is it that people think they can talk to you, not with you about things related to - well if you want to chat about it. Seriously, we got to get over ourselves, and think that it's okay to carry on like this. The choices others make, if they don't endanger others is not is only those folks business. NO ONE else.

------------------
*There is a big difference between giving me info to make sure my hair is healthy versus telling me things because you believe everyone must have straight hair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.