A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Thursday, 11 May 2017

Dear chickenpox

Let me count the ways in which I loathe you. Or rather let me not...I don't have enough words, nor the time or inclination to actually do so.

Rather, let me just tell you folks that chickenpox is the WORST. Really, really it is. And of course the one vaccination we couldn't get for Keiden  - stupid shortages - is the one "kiddie" illness my kid gets.

It has been a very painful, very long, tantrum and whine filled 8 days. I wouldn't even wish this on my worst enemy, no one should deal with this.

Keiden has been so, so unhappy...and seeing your kid so horrid just cuts you to the bone. Not forgetting that your kid not sleeping means you don't sleep.

Fortunately, Keiden is doing better. He's not yet at full health, but healthy enough to go to school and not make other kids sick. See he eats and takes meds at school without any issue. And those are the two things that need to happen to get him to 100%

Part of me is all, "I'm the worst parent in the world; for sending my not yet 100% kid to school." And the other part is all he needs to  eat, I need a break, he needs a break. Long live school.

Parenting is hard, hard, hard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.