A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Friday, 10 March 2017

Thoughts from the ether

Folks, this year is kicking my ass. I'm just not feeling settled with anything. It's unsettling to feel this way. *sigh*

I'm not sure as to how best articulate this, but I'm becoming more and more frustrated with how having a child is regarded as the crowing achievement of a woman's life. Seriously?! Give me kudos for it when my kid is older and a decent person, but to tell me that when I'm feeling ugh about my lack of achievement is not good. Do we tell men who talk about their lack of achievement that it's okay because they have a child? No! So why is it okay to tell women this?



  6 comments:

  1. I understand what you are saying. However for many of us (and I include myself who considers herself feminist) it is an achievement to be proud of. I am proud of the fact that I get to raise two individuals who will hopefully be good people, who do good in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam, I get you. It's just not for me.

      Delete
  2. I get you so completely, Cassey! I know you are not a fan of "my type" of books generally, but you will love Overwhelmed (maybe see it as research for your thesis :)) by Brigit Schulte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like you seeing as research plan Marcia :) I think I should do that for all my reading ;)

      Delete
  3. I know what you say in the sense of just having them is honestly no achievement. To bring up great well mannered adults and follow your own path/career/dream - that is an achievement. Which sadly I feel I am not getting to at the moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lady, be kind to your injured self!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.