- K has the best nursery school, it started up again on Tuesday. And school, helps me be such a better parent - I get to miss him, and my patience well fills up. We've been a much happier family this week.
- I've not made progress on writing yet, for my thesis, but interviews are going well. And have been scheduled, so I'm calling it a win for thesis work.
- Last year my reading goal was 100 for the year, and I smashed it having finished the year on 387. This year I set the goal for 200. And yes, it would be less than I read last year, but this year is thesis year...so I figure any reading is good, and 200 works.
- I'm trying a yoga challenge again. Yes, it is the third year in a row I'm trying it. I think though that this is the year it'll stick, because this time I know others doing it, and we have our supportive whatsapp group. I can do it this time.
- The pigeons who made a nest in the middle of some of our pot plants are still here. One of the 2 eggs has hatched, and it's a yellow ball of fluff currently. I'm hoping they grow and leave soon, I want to reclaim that pot and see if there's anyway to save the plants.
Friday, 6 January 2017
random about me books five for friday 30 day challenge gratitude Keiden life ramble five songs gaming memes zombie prompts book Thursday music interesting words food about us thoughts Netherlands TED Thursday blogging family health matters exploring friends rpg about the husband friend in my computer holiday birthdays 2012 movies feelings catching up boardgames currently parenting coffee reading update Paris Jerall games pcos reviews cape town durban geek challenge depression exercise going vegetarian pathfinder rant studies language travel yay you! 2009 book quest saying yes 2010 2013 feminism giveaway stellenbosch
It was early December, and I had an idea. A big, scary idea. An idea driven by how few people seem to share in other happiness, how others...
Every day we practice a quiet – or for some a loud – casual violence on ourselves. I'd say the noise surrounding the mess that is s...
This week we've had Keiden start helping with cooking beyond stirring and sifting. He now cuts up some veg with a butter knife. He...
I found the challenge over at Syllable's blog. It seems a nice way to stop all my posts from being just about the trip, and to get back...
Happy Friday all :) Really I have tons to say, but no time to type it. This really is just so that I don't get my taking action, actions...
Yes, South Africa has it's problems, but the one thing I thought we had sorted was freedom of the press. I figured we'd learnt from ...
This is an unusual memoir of sorts. Yes, we do learn a little more about the person that is Redi Tlhabi , but more it's an exploration...
Recently, Tauriq Moosa left Twitter for a bit because he got harassed for saying he'd like to see people who look like him in games. Wh...
Woo hoo, here I am with post 500. Yes, I know taking almost 6 years to get here is a bit of a long go, but hey no one told me there were c...
As I mentioned yesterday , I won a full body massage voucher from Ginko Spa . The best part is that the win wasn't only for me, it had a...
- Now you are 3
- It's the year of the rooster
- Five for Friday
- Book Thursday: The Clock Keeper Review
- Five for Friday
- And now I'm 32
- Five for Friday: Odds and Ends Edition
- Book Thursday: Finding Kyler Book Blitz
- Five for Friday
- 2017, the year I achieve?
- Happy New Year
- ▼ January (15)
- ► 2016 (334)
- ► 2015 (171)
- ► 2014 (44)
- ► 2012 (72)
- ► 2011 (129)
- ► 2010 (109)
Powered by Blogger.