A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Friday, 18 November 2016

Five for Friday

And it's done. No more diploma work for me anymore...it's just about waiting for marks now. With all the assignments out of the way, it's now full steam and focus on M work. M work which is really scary, as to make a Dec 2017 graduation I need to be finished writing by the end of July so that August an be for editing and any changes - submission deadline is September. Ja, it's slightly freaking me out.

In other news, while exploring last week we spotted a lake surrounded by tons of trees. It was amazing to see.

With the help that is the awesome of Twitter, I sold books to someone who will give them the love I wasn't giving them anymore, in an hour. It's interesting to me how when I did the big Konmari thing last year things that stayed then are now being moved away. I didn't think that my form of sustainable minimalism/simplifying would mean fewer books, especially books I loved and had for years.

My no sugar and fewer carbs quest is not going as well as I want it to. It's hard making those changes without the full buy-in of the rest of your family. K loves pasta, so we tend to have it often for dinner. It is tricky changing eating habits.

   This song has been looping most of the week. I'm exploring the rest of the work done by this group, and am a big fan of Kevin - he plays the cello and beat-boxes, such skills. And I love how Mitch is just so comfortable in his skin and trying new things with his look.

  6 comments:

  1. Oh I adore Pentatonix's work! I also got rid of a lot of books this year and it is really a great feeling - although I love books I really only need to keep those that I want to read again (or still need to read) and those that I think my kids need to read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With you there on both points Cat :)

      Delete
  2. You were my best Konmari-er :) So proud of you for that!

    I'm ruthless with books - my 3 shelves still feel like 2 too many :) but they do make pretty colours - see https://www.instagram.com/p/BM1sXbbAbKj/?taken-by=organisingqueen - I know you're not on IG :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, Marcia :)

      Love your shelves, mine are not shelved by colour, it's fiction then collections in alpha order followed by non fiction in alpha, and a separate academic reads section.

      Delete
  3. I'm also scared to give away books! But I do need to - and I really need the Konmari book for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That book will change everything for you. So worth it :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.