A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Monday, 31 October 2016

It is done

And here it is, the last post to my blog everyday quest. I wasn't sure I'd make it, but I did :D I suppose I should take some lessons from that 0_o

I have though gotten some points brought home, often.

Let go of perfection. Seriously, when you want to get something out everyday there is no time to waffle about finding just the 'right' picture or words or thoughts.

Writing when inspired is amazing. And something I can appreciate far more now than before.

Scheduling posts is your friend. It's about taking those moments of inspired writing and making them work for you even more. It also helps you avoid those "Oh, but I must write moments."

That thing where you heard about a calendar, it actually makes sense. I didn't have a formal calendar, but I'm sure you noticed that I had a pattern going on with certain things for certain days. It has helped so much...and you save on mental energy :p

Make use of what you've written elsewhere here too. You'll have noticed that my Book Thursday posts were Goodreads reviews, and reviews I wrote for Tums2Tots. It helped me get other folks readings those, and made sure that my work wasn't just used once off.

Where to from now? Gosh, I don't know. There will be a few things dropped, like Saturday posts happening occasionally. Others will stay around, I enjoyed Book Thursday, Five for Friday, Gratitude and My Reading Month posts.

How did this year of daily posts go for you?

  4 comments:

  1. YAY YOU! Well done - this is NO mean feat and I honestly don't think I could do it especially with the load you are carrying study wise on top of this, you amaze me!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.