A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Friday, 16 September 2016

Five for Friday

My baby sister is getting married tomorrow 0_o It's the strangest thing to think that the little baby who unpacked all the cupboards, cut her ponytail off when she was 4 is now all grown-up, and getting married.

Yesterday, Keiden fell while walking on a wall. He tripped over his feet, yet I still feel like it's all my fault :(

I loathe the be grateful for what you have, so you can't moan or expect more argument. Knowing and appreciating what you have does not preclude you from recognizing that it can be better. Making it better though, is up to you.

Lat night I attended a lecture given by Dr Mamphela Ramphele. She discussed heritage, re-imagining spaces, and the sharing of stories. What stood out for me was that the connections between us has been fractured, we owe each other humanity, but do not give it to each other. You can read more on it here and here.

Other than that, this week has been odd. How has yours been?

  2 comments:

  1. My week has been busy but in the same time frustratingly boring. Need to make some BIG life decisions that I am not ready to face right now so I am putting my head in the sand and ignoring them for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That hiding in the sand feeling I get. Hope the weekend helps you feel ready to deal with things next week.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.