A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Dragons, magic and fight scenes ftw!

I just finished a  book series I loved, loved, loved. There is just something for a series of books - more world building, more to discover about different characters...really just more of everything good.

Awhile ago I got to read the first book in the Guardians of Summerfeld series in exchange for a review. To say that I enjoyed it is an understatement. Since then I've been trying to do budget tricks to be able to buy the rest of the series. And then, something wonderful happened, the ebook boxset was marked down for a week to just $0.99, that's under R16 folks. Guess who bought the books :p

You don't need to have a kindle to read them, you just need the kindle app on your phone. Yes, I use my phone more for reading than anything else. I'm putting my reviews (don't worry they're short, sweet and spoiler free) for the books in this post, to help convince you that you really, really should get these books. Added bonus, you'll be supporting a local author.

The Cathedral of Cliffdale (Guardians of Summerfeld, #1)The Cathedral of Cliffdale by Melissa Delport
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This books is an amazing start to what seems will be a knock it out of the park series. I love the protagonist, Quinn. She is all that you would expect from someone who has lead the life that she has. Her fierce determination to protect, and care for those she loves is shown time and time again as a core part of who she is that drives her actions.

The parts of the book that dovetails into other stories, isn't for me. I want this to be the Quinn and Drake show all the time ;)

It's a wonderful read, that keeps you reading. I finished it in a day, and can't wait to get the others so that I can do another deep dive.


The Fight of the Fallen (Guardians of Summerfeld Book 2)The Fight of the Fallen by Melissa Delport
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holy cliff hanger. I have no words to explain just how much I enjoyed the read.

Although the Drake and Quinn happenings suck, but given that there are more books in the series I can hang onto some hope. Not surprised at knowing more about Isiah, but he's backstory person...now that was unexpected. I know I should be team Q and T, but no...it's just wrong.

Can't wait to read the next one. Hopefully we'll learn some more about the other Guardian's, the traitor is found...and the Drake and Quinn story works out the way I want it too.


The Hope of Hawkstone (Guardians of Summerfeld , #3)The Hope of Hawkstone by Melissa Delport
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my hat, the hits just keep on coming. Isaiah :(

I'm enjoying getting to know the other guardians more. My eternal shipping love though is all Quinn and Drake all the time. The happy moments were just the right touch to save everyone from utter despair. Also dragons ftw!




The Balance of the Blood (Guardians of Summerfeld Book 4)The Balance of the Blood by Melissa Delport
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I need more of this world.

I'm going to miss all of the characters so very, very much. The fight scenes were awesome. I did not see Drake's family history coming...I suspected there was something, but not what it was. I loved this series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.