A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Thursday, 15 September 2016

Book Thursday


Destiny Rising (True Calling #3)Destiny Rising by Siobhan Davis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved this series, but Beyond Reach was most definitely the star of the series.

I was beyond eager to read this, I mean it was the end of an amazing story. The hitch though, was that there was just far too much story to still cover. We'd meet so many interesting characters that were treated with such care in Beyond Reach, that not giving them their moment - well and letting us know what happened to them - would have felt lacking.

I think that it would have felt less rushed had there not been a lot of time spent on a fight between Cal and Ari that was quite frankly, unnecessary. That said it was great to get more time from Cal's perspective. [Remember, I'm team Cal ;)]

A great story moment for those who have read Saven Deception already, was that you can see where a lot of the idea for the city came from - the new base that our heroes find themselves in. The character development of all we meet, and care for, has been wonderful to read. I enjoy that none of the characters remained stagnant. Getting to learn more about what makes the characters who they are was wonderful to read.

If you've not read any of the short stories that are tied to the series you should check them out. They add more to your enjoyment, even though they're not necessary reading. Oh, I almost forgot. The epilogue was great, mostly because I'm a big fan a tied up endings where you're reassured that your book friends are doing well.

*Another lucky fish moment for me, as I received my copy from the author.*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.