A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Monday, 1 August 2016

My reading month: July

For July I read 37 books, which shows that I've gotten busier with work. So I'm expecting it to decrease more for August - 2 full weeks of classes, thesis submission season and the public holidays are all going to hit my reading.

This month I've read a lot of shifter romance, and other paranormal romance. I'm starting to work my way back to other genres I enjoy. It's been interesting the genre phases I go through. There's been some YA - a great one with an interesting take on a fairy tale - and a paranormal mystery. I've also been making more of an effort to leave a review for what I read on goodreads. Almost all I read has been free finds, thanks to bookbub, and by leaving a review and not just a rating I can give back to the author in some way (even if it's just one line).

Here are 4 reads that I enjoyed this month:


The Soul SummonerThe Soul Summoner by Elicia Hyder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A really great read. The love triangle bits weren't for me. I did enjoy her powers, they're not ones I've come across in other books - that's a big plus. I loved that the protagonist wasn't utterly self-pitying all the time, and that she had people to call her on her silly moments.


Tattered Loyalties (Talon Pack, #1)Tattered Loyalties by Carrie Ann Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

One of the better shifter reads I've read. The characters are wonderful, and I love the way this story has an unexpected heroine. Keen to read the rest of the series.


UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1)UnEnchanted by Chanda Hahn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed reading this. It was an interesting, and new, take on fairy tales. Am keen to check out the rest of the series.


The Fallen Star (Fallen Star, #1)The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Interesting, well paced, and something I really enjoyed.



How are your reading goals going? Do you go through any genre phases?

  2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are finding great reads on Bookbub - I have been totally unsuccessful there to the extent that i have just given up with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's because of the genres I read. There haven't been many for the fantasy stuff, but romance is a big bookbub win.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.