A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Friday, 26 August 2016

Five for Friday: Things that make me a better parent


  • School. This is most likely to the two years spent at home with Keiden, just him and I all day. But gosh am I a better mommy for him being at school. There's an actual chance for my patience well to refresh. I'm at my best after his one full day a week. It is liberating. And the best part is that he's better for it too. He loves getting to spend more time with his buddies.
  • Therapy. And probably meds. Again it's another something that helps my patience well refresh.
  • Reading and gaming. They're things that are fun, and in no way tied to motherhood. So a double win :D
  • Friends. Having people to chat to and vent with is again one of those always a win things. There is just something about being around people for me that tends more towards the good end of things rather than the bad end.
  • Coffee. Does this one need an explanation?
What helps you be a better parent?


  2 comments:

  1. Time away from my family helps me be a better parent, which sounds illogical but actually makes perfect sense! Even just a 30 min walk to clear my head helps me return home ready for whatever they throw at me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not illogical at all. Yay for breaks away from family.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.