A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Thursday, 18 August 2016

Book Thursday



Rainfall

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

There be spoilers this way

This was a book that I suspect suffered from the over hyped problem. Quite a few people have raved about this book, unfortunately, it just did not work for me. The first few chapters definitely impacted on my ability to become fully invested in the story and characters. It was hard to get going with reading. Paige seemed to always be carrying around this woe is me attitude...even in the midst of the wonder that was her burgeoning relationship with Adam.

Then she takes many actions that were wholly incompatible with what she tells us is important to her. Her actions make no sense at all. This starts from when she shares about her adventures, to her first and subsequent actions with Adam. I'm uncomfortable with the use of serious mental health issues being used to drive plot points, and this books uses them a plenty.

The romance element with the use of mental health issues, just did not sit well with me at all. It is a very different take, but not for me. I much prefer Melissa's Guardians of Summerfeld series - something that you should check out to really appreciate this author.

*A lucky fish book given to me in exchange for a review*

  2 comments:

  1. I have always thought I was the only one that really had an issue with this book. I really felt it was weak. Subsequently I have not tried any of her other books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Cat. Her other books really worked for me, they might for you. But we do love very different genres :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.