A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Friday, 8 July 2016

Five for Friday

And there is nothing more subversive for a woman to do than believe she deserves to get what she wants and to recognize in herself the willingness to fight to get it. This gorgeous sentence comes from this great, although long, read.

I'm looking forward to a weekend of all the boardgames. 

My reading is taking a nosedive. Mostly because I'm still waging war on the cold I mentioned last week, and I just keep on falling asleep really early.

It irks me to no end that in order to be warm, I need to wear mens jerseys. Why, in the name of all that is good, are womens clothes always so much thinner than mens? I understand different cuts, but for the fabrics to be different, when the function is the same? Ugh. I'm building up to a massive rant about the horror that patriarchy, everywhere and all the time. 

I'm enamoured with Jesse Williams speech from the BET awards. And it is so, so relevant. If you haven't seen or read it, you can check it out here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.