A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Thursday, 9 June 2016

Book Thursday



The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler

I’m pretty sure that there isn’t a parent out there who doesn’t know about The Gruffalo, it is a modern classic. The book that for some, me included that’s made Julia Donaldson a go to author for books for little.

The story is about mouse taking a stroll in the woods. Along his walk he meets animals who invite him over for tea, with him as the snack. He scares them off with tales about a gruffalo, who just so happens to snack on an item made from that particular animal. This works until he meets the gruffalo, fortunately mouse is a quick thinker and it all works out well.

It’s a book that most people adore, myself included. Sadly, for me it just isn’t a book for Keiden yet. Something about the rhythm of it, just doesn’t work for him. So on the Keiden rereading scale it’s a 1/5 - he’ll half listen to it - but on the “It’s wonderful, and I’m heartbroken that my child doesn’t love it scale” it scores 5/5.

  2 comments:

  1. Give him a year or so - mine all loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loves some of her other books, so this could just not be for him. And it's okay...I'll get over it ;)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.