A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Friday, 27 May 2016

Five for Friday

It's been one of those you're so busy you just buckle down and go with it weeks.

I had a week of the most amazing classes, it was on ethnographic methods. Amazing. I discovered a new theorist because of the class, and am ready to have a love affair with Bourdieu.

The Establishment has the most amazing read on the parts of ourselves we losing parenting. I think it is utterly relevant to all parents.

I've realised that quantitative research methods are not for me. Let's just say I hope to never need to design a survey ever again.

This week was the very first time in my entire academic career that my class was composed of all people of colour. Think about it, this is the sixth year I'm at a tertiary institution, and it's taken this long for my class to be all people of colour, and for 2 of the 5 seminar sessions, the lecturer was also a person of colour. If this doesn't get you wondering about the way the world is built, and the impact of the capitalist system on us all...we should chat.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.