A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Thursday, 19 May 2016

Book Thursday

Lost and Found by Oliver Jeffers  

Often, you come across some utterly gorgeous, breathtaking, works of art. And when you’re lucky, those works of art are books you can share with you child.This book by Oliver Jeffers is one of them. [I’m on a quest to collect as many of them as I can, they’re definitely more for me than Keiden ;)]

Each page is so beautifully illustrated that I want to frame and display them all. As an added bonus, not only do we have utterly beautiful art, but the story fits it like a glove. “Once there was a boy and one day he found a penguin at his door…” The little boy finds a way to help the penguin get home, and along the way he learns something big.

Sadly, Keiden isn’t as enamoured with the book as I am, but I’m sure it’s meant for a slightly older child...or one who loves penguins. So on the Keiden rereading it scale it scores a 1/5, but on the “It’s wonderful, and I’m heartbroken that my child doesn’t love it scale” it scores 5/5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.