A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Tuesday, 12 April 2016

The #CTMeetUp that was

A few folks have already shared their thoughts - and pictures  - from the meet up, so I'll spare you the pics :p

What I really, love about meet ups is that it brings a new dimension to your internet pals/home you found for yourself. You really feel the community you're part of. Plus, getting to meet someone face-to-face that you've have a relationship with through a screen is pretty darn cool.

The best part for me was getting to see folks I hadn't seen in a while, and getting to me Belinda and Jonelle in person. Both of them are taller than I thought they would be - look I'm short, so I figure most people are taller than me, but I somehow don't add enough tallness to it. Yes, I know I'm odd sometimes :p

I don't really do photos, but because if you tagged your twitter ones with the meet up hashtag you could then print it with BrandRocket - I worked at taking a few. It was the best thing...and I now just want to print all the photos all the time. And one day have a grown-up party/gathering and use them. Anyone care to gift it? ;)

The goodie bag was all kinds of amazing, and we got such spoils from sponsors. My favourite was the African Extracts items - a skin polisher and eye cream. I use their face wash and moisturisers already, so it was great getting to try out items in their range. Keiden is in love with the water colour changing bubble bath from Oh So Heavenly,

The talks were very interesting, but probably most relevant to those who do big things with their blogs. My take away from the talks though were: know your worth, be consistent, and be onest.

A big, big yay you! to Cindy for doing all the hard work of making it happen.

  4 comments:

  1. YAY! so glad you had a rad time. I was so sad to miss it and the JHB one. :( one day... one day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it was so wonderful to meet you too! You're so bubbly and a joy to be around.;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.