A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Friday, 18 March 2016

Five for Friday:Things I've been wondering about

I am astounded at just how rude people can be. It seems that we have forgotten that we are dealing with people. On Wednesday a classmate was rude to the lecturer in front of the entire class - and it was for no good reason besides said classmate being in a bad mood. Why do we forget that everyone is deserving of basic degrees of kindness when talking to them? Whatever happened to treating people the way you want to be treated?

Are we letting the cult of busyness get in the way of connecting with folks? How often do we use the excuse of being busy as a reason to not make a few minutes to just say hi and check in with friends?

Are people inherently kind or selfish? Do we start out one way and then get shaped by the world into being the other way?

What can I do to keep kindness at the forefront of my interactions with others?

What can I do to keep kindness at the forefront of the way I treat, and speak to myself?

------------------
Do you have any answers/thoughts on this?

  4 comments:

  1. I am frequently totally astounded at how rude people can be. Totally with you on this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It horrifies me. Being polite is so easy.

      Delete
  2. I have no time for rudeness or aggression. It is unnecessary and really it costs us nothing as individuals to be polite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? People sure are odd creatures.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.