A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Tuesday, 9 February 2016

The moments in the silence

In those moments of silence;

after the story and songs,

after the love yous, hugs and kisses,

as he settles into his bed, and his breathe get deeper I can hear him grow.

I hear him shed the baby that fit just so, and start to put on the little boy he is becoming.

I hear the flutter of lashes.

I hear the stretching of toes as they reach out to fit with the feet that keep getting bigger.

I hear the baby words float away to make room for 'real' words.

I hear the world carry on, as the world I knew with a baby disappears to make room for a little boy.

  4 comments:

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.