A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Saturday, 6 February 2016

My reading month: January

The lovely Marcia wrote a post on her reading month, and as I'm always on the lookout for post ideas here's my reading month.

My goodreads challenge is 100 books for the year. In January I hit 17 of them. So I'm off to a good start. That said my reads for January tend to have been light and fluffy, with a heavy binge in the Mortal Instruments series. I had one audio book, and 3 non fiction reads.

It seems that February is going to be the month of slow done in terms of reading purely for pleasure. Classes have kicked off, and I'm looking at about a  minimum of a 100 pages of academic reading per week - that's for class, then there'll be extra reading to fill in theory gaps.

I'm still pretty confident that I will make my challenge, it'll probably be a close call though.

On a happier note watch the movie trailer for Me Before You, I loved the book...and it seems the movie might just get it right.


  4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link and 100? sounds like cray-cray. However, if I stopped looking at the internet completely and lived my life offline, I might do it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fortunately read fairly fast, about a 100 pages in an hour. So the odd hour here and there...and you're read when you have 5 minutes tip means I get some good reading done. I also watch less tv than before.

      Delete
  2. I am aiming big at 40 books for the year :) Considering I've read maybe 4 books total (breaks my heart to admit that) in 2015 I think I've set myself a stiff target

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it, for 40 you just need one good week to get you going.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.