A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Tuesday, 12 January 2016

Things I like about summer

I don't know about you, but the weather has been driving me batty. Summer is making me miserable. Sure I love the in-between seasons, autumn is amazing. But this summer is being horrid.

In a bid to not get stuck in hates-ville, I'm looking at thinks I do like about this time of the year.


  • All the fruit, summer is a wonderful season for fruit
  • Waking up with the sun
  • The feeling of sitting outside, in the shade of a tree and reading
  • Salads, warm salads are yum, but nothing satisfies as much as a salad when it's hot
  • The beach, early in the morning before all the crowds
  • Sun hats, it's a new thing I picked up
  • The relaxed feeling in the air
What do you like about summer?

  6 comments:

  1. I have also hated this summer with how unbearably hot it has been, but it is nice that the sun sets quite late, and my hair dries quickly in the mornings. And I can wear open shoes all the time! (I hate closed shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, good ones. Open shoes are great, hair drying quicker a bonus and more sunshine ftw!

      Delete
  2. I am a summer lover - usually, but this one has been very very hot. I love flip flops and sandals, I love the relaxed feeling of summer holidays. Cool summer dresses. Swimming all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not very much, actually. About 3 weeks ago, I already said I'm completely ready for winter!

    Okay, what do I like? big glasses of cold water with lemon, flip flops and my kids' gorgeous kissable arms in sleeveless tops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, the big glass of water is a great one. :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.