A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Tuesday, 5 January 2016

2016 the year I say yes to what scares me

A lot of folks do a word for the year. A way to help them keep focused on what they want from the year. Me, being slightly odd, I don't do a word, I do a phrase. This year I came to: Say yes to what scares me.

The amazing Marcia, has a booklet that you can use to help you get clarity and intention for the year. Taking the time to sit through everything, and to write it down is great. I'm not sure why I haven't done it before, but it's something to use more often.

It helped me further clarify what I mean when I say that my phrase for the year is Say yes to what scares me. What this phrases means to me is that I believe I can achieve, that I am not a fraud, a fake, stupid or useless.

The only thing holding me back from what I want to achieve is me. I struggle so much with self belief and insecurity. So by committing to saying yes, I'm finding a way to fake it till I make it. If I keep on doing things that scare me because I'm afraid I'll be found out as a fake/stupid/useless then at some point it should be enough for me to stop going to a negative place.

I know, that's a lot I'm expecting from a phrase, but hey I got to aim big or go home.

Do you do a word or phrase for the year? Want to share?

  2 comments:

  1. Ah, thank you for your kind words. And YES, I can absolutely vouch for putting things down in writing. That first step is the hardest step, Cassey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What astounds me is the difference that writing it has made versus my constant electronic list.

      Yay you for the great booklet lady :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.