A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Monday, 7 December 2015

Sometimes I wonder

If my struggle to quiet my mind has something behind it. Is this my mind pushing, and pushing at me to look deeper and harder? What does it want? What am I hiding from myself? What don't I want to see?

Am I the only one who does this? How do you quiet it in the middle of the night when you can't read/watch something to drown it out?

Is it even possible?

  7 comments:

  1. Candy crush! Totally mindless. I fall asleep within 3 games

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, might be worth putting that back on my phone. Thanks lady :)

      Delete
  2. Drawing and browsing Instagram usually does it for me.

    But if you suspect it's due to suppressing something, you might find Margaret Heffernan's book Wilful Blindness useful. Jacques's been raving about how it's making him more aware of things he previously ignored rather easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, good one to check out, thanks. And I should get back into the colouring in.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and apparently adult colouring books work great for quieting the mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your posts because they are so interesting as well as uplifting and a bit humorous. I particularly enjoyed your post about eating birthday cake and playing a board game. I laughed out loud a little bit because I can relate to it. My wife consistently beats me at scrabble.

    Brooke Burgess @ East West College

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.