A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Scattered thoughts

I'm a bit scattered today, we had a poor nights sleep. K was having a bad night. I read some interesting things on love recently. Check them out here, and here.
I'm utterly moved by this twitter account. Every massive tragedy needs this. It is so humanizing, it reminds us that it was people who died. Not numbers, but people. I'm retweeting it, and sharing it here, as I hope it will remind folks to always chose kindness. Each person who dies in a tragedy is someone to someone, they are the ripple in the webs others have woven.

We need each other. We need to honour those who have been lost. And we need to remember that we are all humans, with quirks and foibles, with love, with passions, with people who we make the world a brighter place for. Choose love, choose hope, be love, be hope.

I've shared this video before, but it just feels like today is a good day to share it again. You made it.

  6 comments:

  1. I'm very much in retreat mode right now, focusing on the people closest to me and shutting out the horror that seems to be pushed in our faces at every turn. It's just exhausting to be feeling all that grief all the time and being unable to do anything about any of it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way I see it, keeping those who matter close is doing something.

      Delete
  2. This post hit me right in the heart strings :( What a tragic week! I agree - we need each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. I agree, being their for others helps.

      Delete
  3. Cassey thanks for this moving video.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.