A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Meet my friend in my computer: Zoe from Born Geek

Zoe, is a gaming geek of note. She even writes about them for a living. Currently, in the process of baking her daughter, Harley, she's sharing her thoughts and experiences on her blog. I think that she's incredibly brave, in a post she shared a pic of her in a bikini. Folks, I couldn't do that pre Keiden, let alone while pregnant or now. 

I love how she's a great gaming woman, navigating a space that is incredibly hostile to women, that she is considering ways in which she can be a great parent while still growing as a person. She is lovely, friendly and happy to chat about things geek in its various forms.

------------------------------------
Hi there, this is my friend Zoe. Let's chat.


How did we meet?
I’m not actually too sure. In a way, it feels like you fell out of the twitter-verse when I needed to meet you. You had awesome advise and feedback on what I was going through. Now I stalk you on twitter and hope to one day get to meet in person.

What is blogging to me?
I always used to write in a diary, but the last few years I’ve stopped doing it as frequently. With a job that included writing lots of words including my opinions every day, it seemed like there wasn’t really a need. However, once I announced to the world that I was pregnant, I realized that I actually had a whole lot more going on in my head. Blogging is a way for me to get those thoughts out of my skull, to think my way through things and find the answers that I already know. Plus, since starting my blog, I have found so many other wonderful women with amazing blogs; it has made me realize that what I’m going through isn’t always so weird, and there are a myriad ways through this.

Favorite series, book and game.
Geez, that’s a tough one. I’ve just finished binging on Blacklist, which was great, but I also avidly follow Doctor Who, Suits and Homeland. Plus, I’ve just started watching How to get away with Murder. Netflix and I are very close.

At the moment I’m reading my way through the Neil Gaiman humble bundle, filled with all sorts of random short stories, speeches and other tidbits from him. He’s one of my favorite authors, so it’s been an absolute joy reading words of his that I haven’t already experienced.
As for the game, at the moment I’m between titles, but I’m really amped for Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, and I’m planning to finally get to sink my teeth into The Witcher 3 during maternity leave.

Warrior, Rogue or Mage?
Rogue, all the time. Opportunity to stab people, or use a bow and snipe them? Sign me up!
PC or console?
I generally prefer console gaming, just because I love lying on the couch for hours and playing games with a controller in my hand. I know I can replicate that on PC, but it’s just not the same.

Museum or sport arena?
Museum, without a doubt. Nothing quite like spending an afternoon wandering around, losing yourself in some incredible art or architecture.
Food or sights when travelling?
Can’t I have both?? I suppose I'm more about the sights seeing as interesting cuisines often travel to other cities and can be experienced elsewhere. But I love the combination of both, immersing myself in the local experience complete with town squares and quirky little hideaways. I try to avoid touristy destinations and like to eat where the locals go.

What does a day need to be good for you?
A good night’s sleep, a solid day of work and an evening spent relaxing with my husband and sometimes some close friends, too. Any day with sushi, coffee and bacon are immediately better for it, and if I get to spend a few hours lost in an incredible book/series/game, that instantly makes me beyond happy.

  1 comment:

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.