A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Meet my friend in my computer: Noelle from Pfangirl Through the Looking Glass

Noelle, is such a full on nerd for all things that move her. When I say nerd I mean, utterly passionate and knowledgeable about her interests. If she doesn't know something about movies - the genres, tropes, way it is put together it's not worth knowing. The same for comics, travel and Lara Croft. She throws great get braais, and is a lot of fun to go wine tasting with.

I'm in awe of her unashamed joy in what she loves. It's something we could all do with a dose of.

--------------------------------
Hi, this is my friend Noelle. Let's chat.

How did we meet?
You know, it's been so long ago now, that I can't really remember the details other than it was through a shared interest in gaming of all types. The first time I met you face to face was at a board gaming event held in Durban. We played Dominion, and you and Jerall impressed with your mad skills;)

What is blogging to you?
For me, blogging a written record of my thoughts in regards to a piece of pop culture. I can never beat big sites for reporting the news, but I hope I can contribute meaningful commentary on a geeky topic. I'm not one of those bloggers who treats the space like an online diary, chronicling my everyday. 

Current favourite series, book and game
Most recent TV series fave is Agent Carter.
Favourite game is the mobile puzzler Lara Croft: GO (I don't own any consoles or a heavy-duty gaming PC at the moment).
As for books, I haven't touched novels for a while, so I'm going to go with comic series Rat Queens, and Sunstone

What's has more of an impact the score or the story of a movie or game?
Well, it does depend on the game, but I'm going to say something heretical as a writer and admit that typically a good score will linger longer in my mind than the story. The same cannot be said for great characters, however. I tend to think of them more fondly than I ever do the central narrative.

Which two Lara's are you?
I think personality-wise I am closer to 2013 Reboot Lara in that I am quieter and more studious. Reboot Lara's greatest strength is her resilience - her drive to get back up and keep going - and I think I share that with her, at least to a certain extent. She's not the strongest, biggest or fastest by far, but she succeeds because of her strength of will. She continues when others have long since given up.

This said, Reboot Lara's life is a constant struggle, and a quite joyless affair. Classic Lara may be more flamboyant, but she does appreciate her creature comforts. And that's something I can totally get behind.
Coffee or tea?
These days, I'd say coffee, because it's become such an integral part of my "start the day" morning ritual. Tea is perfect for a late afternoon pick-me-up though.

Food or sights when travelling
I actually can't choose between these two, as they are my primary pursuits when travelling. 

What does a day need to be good for you?
A good day for me always feels like I've managed to strike a good life balance between the things that need to be done (work, chores, exercise, etc) and things that I want to do (some TV-watching downtime; writing or any other form of creative expression). All work and no play makes this Jill a very antsy, despondent girl.

  2 comments:

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.