A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Monday, 12 October 2015

Meet my friend in my computer: MeeA from MamaMeeA

MeeA, is such a great person. She's quick to call me on my silly, and to provide advice. We're both avid cheerleaders of each other - even though I don't get this thing called running ;). She's my favourite birthday twin, someone who just seems to "get" me, and I've recently realised is my online big sister. It seems having an older sibling is great, my siblings owe me presents.

Mostly, she's great, and I'm glad to have someone around to give me another viewpoint on things.

--------------------------------------
Hi there, this is my friend MeeA. Let's chat.

How did we meet?
I believe we met on Twitter. Or was it Blogger? Either way, we've been online friends for a long time. :)

What is blogging to you?
I started blogging before I even knew that the words "blog" or "blogging" existed. I set up my first online journal on LiveJournal back in 2004 and never looked back. I never imagined anyone out there would read what I wrote or that I would eventually meet other bloggers in person or that many of those bloggers would become real life friends. To me, blogging was a place to record my thoughts and experiences, to blow off steam, put some distance between myself and my thoughts and emotions when needed, and generally just to feel important in my own little corner of the universe. It was my writing class, my silent agony aunt, my personal VIP room. In time, I've found myself censoring myself more and more and, at the moment, I'm not sure exactly what I feel about my blog. It's as if I can't seem to allow myself the freedom to write what I'm thinking but I can't live with myself if I don't, either. I'm trying to find the balance I need to make it work...

Current favourite series, book and game
Series: I haven't watched any TV for a while now - not since we got to the end of Season 5 of Game of Thrones. So I'm waiting anxiously for Season 6, which I'm sure will keep me just as enthralled. I'm not usually a fan of whatever's the flavour of the moment, so it's possible that I'm loving GOT as much as I am, simply because it's about the only thing I've really watched in ages. Also, I think Peter Dinklage is beyond awesome.

Book: Again, I don't get to read many books, for various reasons, chief of which are money and time. In the past year, however, I devoured everything by Stuart McBride that I could lay my hands on, as well as all of Margie Orford' Clare Hart books. The only one I'm missing is Water Music, which was available for free on iTunes everywhere but in South Africa earlier this year, which I thought was disgusting. Otherwise, I read whatever free Kindle or other ebooks I can find that grab me within the first few pages.
Game: I don't do video games. There, I said it. The last time I played a video or computer game was in 2001, when David and I spent about a month playing Death Rally non stop on my ancient PC. Before then, I used to enjoy playing various LARP games, had my own Vampire deck and knew and followed lots of Magic The Gathering players on campus at varsity.
Now, a game means fantasy play with my 5 year-old, which generally entails listening to and agreeing with whatever long and complicated tale he's creating at any given time. I love that I get to watch him explore his creativity and expand his (already impressive) vocabulary, and that I get to participate in his imaginary worlds. I can't wait to see where all of his big ideas take him as he grows up!

Ikea or @home?
I've spent many hours browsing @home and wishing I could shop there but I find their prices to be prohibitive. A lot of the furniture I have is from IKEA as it's the go-to for affordable home furnishings in Dubai, where we lived from 2004 to 2007. So I'd have to say IKEA, by default.

Gluten free treat or all out bad for you fes?
I'd love to say I'd go for the GF treat but the truth is I have not only fallen off the wagon but I've done it so many times, I'm not sure they'll let me back on even if I do manage to catch up with it. Right now, I ache for baked cheesecake and I've already bought the (gluten free) chocolate biscuits, cream cheese and other things needed to bake one sometime this week. I'm going to eat that cake like a cake boss! And I might even let my husband and kids have a taste...

Coffee or tea?
For a while, I was on a very healthy rooibos tea kick. But now I have at least one cup of coffee a day. I stick to that, mostly but sometimes I'll have a second or third cup of coffee. I really should be drinking more water, though.

Food or sights when travelling
Both. I LOVE to eat and there's nothing that excites me more than GOING SOMEWHERE NEW TO EAT! Also, I tend to suffer from random blood sugar dips, so it's important for me to eat well when travelling. Don't want to have a sudden fainting spell in the middle of someplace where I don't know anyone or can't speak the language. Also, I believe that the food is often an important part of the sights in a new or foreign place.

What does a day need to be good for you?
My best days are the ones on which I feel like I've accomplished something, but am not exhausted by 8pm. And when things haven't descended into total chaos at home, with everything being messy and chaotic. To be honest, I don't really know. I'm much more of a bigger picture type person than a day by day one, so in order for me to feel good, I think there needs to be a general trend of well-being and moving on up in the world. That and feeling connected to and validated by people whose opinions matter to me.


  2 comments:

  1. Hello MeeA!!

    *licks* You are one of my favourite people too :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.