A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Meet my friend in my computer: Laverne from Shell Shocked Mummy

Laverne, made me fangirl squee when she mentioned me in a post. I admire her no-holds-barred directness. Not to mention the way in which she shares so openly and willingly.

She is a virual cheerleader, who is quick to call you on your self bullying tactics,  and always happy to find a way to laugh at things.
-----------------------------------------
Hi there, this is my friend Laverne. Let's chat.

How did we meet?
We met via twitter actually, you showed your support for my petition to change the laws surrounding maternity leave and we struck up a conversation.

What is blogging to you?
Blogging can be whatever you decided it to be, As I would consider myself a new blogger I haven’t decided exactly what I would like my platform to look like in 3 years. At thuis stage I don’t want the extra pressure because I am goal orientated and I will do everything in my power to reach that goal and right now I just want blogging to be fun. I have been incredibly lucky that it has been so well received and that it has led me to start lobbying for real change and I am thoroughly grateful for all the support I have received thus far.

Current favourite series, book and game

Empire, I love urban shows that are trendy and fashion forward but that has a little bit of drama and intrigue. I also like Rosewood. Deep down I am still a fashion girl at heart. Book! None, any book that needs reading at this stage better be 2 pages long or have been adapted to a 30 minute show. Game. I don’t have time for any games either, I usually only listen to the TV anyway because I am busy working while it is on.

You and Kennedy 15 years from now on a mommy and daughter adventure. Where, what, how?
I hope to travel with her abroad. I want to show her the world. I want to be able to experience things I have experienced without her again. I hope to show he how to apply makeup correctly and help her pick her outfit for her first date, I hope to be giving her advice on safe sex and she listens, I hope to be helping her pick her matric dress and navigate the first time her heart is broken.

Whose walk-in wardrobe do you want?
Cookie from Empire, Olivia Pope from Scandal. Khloe Kardashian. To name a few


Coffee or tea?
Tea 100%. I have one cup of coffee a day but I love me some tea!

Food or sights when travelling
CARBS are my weakness, practically in any form. The carbier the better, But for right now I am on a Low Carb Diet. So a good soup.

What does a day need to be good for you?
Good morning kisses from my baby and I am golden!

  1 comment:

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.