A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Friday, 16 October 2015

Meet my friend in my computer: Cat from Juggling Act of Life

Cat, is another one of those folks I was reading long before we were even thinking of having a kid. She often has these amazing nuggets of parenting wisdom that jut stay with me. One in particular has had a direct affect on the way we view things. 

It was on how kids behave when eating out, she said we teach them how to behave, in all moments, but with eating out we expect the same as at home. And you know, at home there's no allowance for unacceptable behaviour, so why do we tailor eating out to allow for things we wouldn't allow at home?It just stayed with me. So yes, we make allowances for age, but we don't let Keiden do anything when eating out that we wouldn't allow at home.

Cat, is a nature lover of note, takes great photos, has her own business, and always seems to find the bright spot in something. She is not a moaning Myrtle of any form. She parents in such a supportive way, and it is definitely something I try to emulate.

------------------------------------
Hi there, this is my friend Cat. Let's chat.

How did we meet? 
Through the blogs - I think. Although it's been a while and I may not remember so well

What is blogging to you? 
A way of keeping memories, of connecting with people, of clearing my mind. I have been blogging for almost 8 years so it is somewhat of a routine too.

Current favourite series, book and game.
 I watch minimal tv - I simply do not have the time (and would rather read). But I do like reality stuff - Masterchef, Braaimaster and even good old Survivor or Amazing Race. I always read more than one book at a time (reading is a great passion) - At the moment I am reading The invention of wings by Sue Monk Kidd and The house on Carnival street  By Debra Rodriguez. I have just finished reading A man called Ove by Fredrik Backman - possibly my book of 2015

A while back you and H went on a protect the rhinos night watch, would you do it again if you could? 
In the blink of an eye. He does these from time to time but as we have no support system to look after the kids I very seldom join him.

If you could pack it all up and leave the city, where would you go?
Somewhere where the bush and the sea meets. I adore both - in fact our whole family does. Nothern KZN or Eastern Cape.

Coffee or tea?
I am a total coffee addict but a good cup of tea now and again is lovely.

Food or sights when travelling?
Sights - I am all about experiences. Yes, a great plate of food may also be an experience but leave me the choice of a game drive or a fancy dinner - the game drive will always win

What does a day need to be good for you?
No bad surprises - the good usual routine without any "I need x by tomorrows".

  4 comments:

  1. Awh my friend, thanks for the wonderful words. I really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja. This lady tends to make me feel super aware of how impatient I am in my parenting sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! She is such a great person to check in with, to remind myself to take a deep breathe and just calm down.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.