A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Let's chat about: What success means to you?

On her blog today, Jonelle had answers to some questions she'd been given. She ended it with a few questions of her own - 10, of which she asked readers to pick one and answer it in the comments.

The one I chose to answer is something I often ponder about.

What does success mean to you?

It's includes a few things: being able to go to the hairdresser whenever I want. Being able to buy a book or two a month, try a new restaurant occasionally, sign my kid up for any activities he wants, being able to save easily for holidays/trips - mostly it's all things I didn't have growing up, that I want to be able to give myself, and my family.

Also, yesterday on John Maytham's show on Cape Talk, a lady called in in utter distress. She had been unable to work - had been raped, brutally attacked and couldn't walk easily - she was about to be kicked out of her home for not being able to pay that month's rent. He asked her how much it was, she said R 3000, and he said he'd pay it. No if's, but's or hesitation at all. So that's now been added to my definition of success, to just be able to do that for someone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.