A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Bye-bye Facebook

Guys, I've just deactivated my Facebook account. It's been a long time coming. Even with me trimming down my 'friends' list there were still people there who wouldn't be able to say anything beyond a line, if that, about me.

And for something that is supposed to help us stay in touch, it wasn't very good at it. Also more and more it started to trigger those I fail at life feelings because no awesome holidays, outings, and all that jazz. So don't have the time or inclination to deal with that.

I honestly don't even think anyone will really notice that I'm gone.

  6 comments:

  1. Just last night I rediscovered how great Facebook can be - A friend picked up a dog, put it on Facebook. I recognized it as C's friends dog and contacted them.Happy ending. But I have to admit that it can be an issue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some benefits to it Cat, but for me there aren't any. :)

      Delete
  2. Most people still don't know that I deleted my profile in January this year. And it really hasn't made any real difference to my life at all, other than to help me spend less time arsing around instead of working. And winning fewer things, but it's a compromise I'm happy to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think people just don't notice things. Yip, less time wastage ftw!

      Delete
  3. I loved facebook. It was the place I would love wasted time at. I never really got into the other social media. Twitter felt too impersonal (facebook has become a bit of that) Since I have whatsapp its become a little less relevant because all my peeps are on whatsapp. As a business tool its still valuable though, Instagram is the highlight reel. Like on steroids. Carefully Curated posts.

    The thing about MY facebook is I have people that are friends that we would never ever speak in real life LOL weird right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not weird, I think that's what lots of people do. I love twitter so much, it's a conversation you can jump in and out of, broaden your world view [if you follow all kinds of folks] and just generally keep in touch with some friends.

      Instagram, for me encourages this want cycle. Oh wells, different ways for different people.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.