A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Friday, 27 March 2015

Five for Friday

This has been a week of grumps. Keiden has been grumpy and tantrum throwing every day for long stretches of time...not exactly conducive to a good mood for me either. And because I eat my feelings, I've fallen off the no chocolate, baked goods and soft drinks wagon. But I'll be getting back on it, because that's all you can do.

This song, has been helping with the grumps. Oddly, for me at least, a friend finds this song sad...I'm find it inspiring. It's from Empire, it' a hiphopera, and the music has just been amazing, especially anything sung by Jussie Smollett.


Lately, Keiden has been saying "bit bit bitbit bitbitbit" a lot. It reminds me of a tongue twister: Betty bought a bit of butter to make a bit of batter. But the bit of butter was bitter so Betty bought a better bit of butter to make a bit of batter. Jerall and I have been trying to remember other tongue twisters, and we both get stuck on red lorry, yellow lorry.

I've been trying one new recipe a month, and this month has been a winner...two new ones in one week. It's been tricky because I want to cut down on our meat consumption, but the most delicious vegetarian dishes have tomatoes, and K is allergic. Please point me to amazing easy vegetarian dishes that don't have tomatoes in them.

Normally while working I tend to listen to music or just work in silence. This week I switched things up and listened to some TED talks. I'm not sure if it's helped my production, but it's certainly helped me feel less bogged down in the work. What do you listen to?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.