A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Tuesday, 17 February 2015

It's an award

Zayaan at Surviving the Madness nominated me for an award. Thanks lady.





The rules work like this:

  • Thank and link the person who nominated you. 
  • Answer the questions given by the nominator. 
  • Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them. 
  • Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer 
  • Notify all nominees via social media/blogs. 




I love these questions, and will be using some of them in mine. I might have over thought some of my answers 0_o




1. Who is your favourite author?


Brandon Sanderson


2. What are your top 3 books? (because we all know choosing favourite books is like choosing a favourite child)

I don't have favourite, favourites that I reread and reread, but will be going with ones I think everyone should read - as in if I see someone at a bookshop looking at these I go on and on about it. Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys, The Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, and Mort by Terry Pratchett.


3. Do you prefer real books or E-readers?

Real.


4. Who is your favourite Lord of the Rings character?

I haven't read the books, but am in a stop-start loop with The Hobbit. As far as the movies go, I'm picking Thorin Oakenshield because of Richard Armitage.


5. Who is your favourite Harry Potter character?


Not Harry - ever. When I reread and rewatched the movies recently, Neville stood out for me. See Hermione is awesome, but sometimes I also had the urge to climb into the book and slap her - not as often as I did with Harry, but still. As a side note, I'm very excited about getting to read or listen to these with Keiden when he's older.


6. Who is your favourite super hero? Bonus point – one Marvel and one DC.

Marvel: Captain America, when he's Steve. It wasn't Steve till the movies, and after that I read Civil War, read it if you haven't yet. D.C. is tougher because the tv shows do give me more of an impression of some of them than I had before, but Wonder Women is awesome. And I especially love the take on her in JL8


7. Who is your favourite villain? Bonus point – one Marvel and one DC.

Marvel: Tony Stark - he killed Steve. D.C. Harley Quinn


8. What are your top 3 series? (See comment about favourite books)

Ouran High School Host Club, Battlestar Galactica and Greys Anatomy.


9. What is your favourite game (it can be board games/console/PC/mobile – yes Candy Crush can count)

Board game: Dominion. Console: a tie between the Mass Effect and Dragon Age triliogies. PC: A tie between Civ IV and The Sims.


10. What is your favourite thing to do on a summer day?

Read.


11. What is your favourite thing to do on a winter day?

Read.


The nominated folks from me:
And the questions:

  1. When you go somewhere new, what's more important seeing the sights or eating the food?
  2. Five cities/countries/places you must see
  3. Favourite city/country/place
  4. Shades of grey or black and white?
  5. Who is your favourite superhero?
  6. Who is your favourite villain?
  7. Top three books
  8. Top three series
  9. Tea or coffee?
  10. Favourite game
  11. Favourite character you've played - rpg, console, pc...I'd say Sims count too ;)

  5 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Some cool questions here - both answered and asked! I may just do something similar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. I'll add you to the list, I just need to hunt down your blog again, because I didn't add it to my feed reader correctly :-/

      Delete
  2. Here's mine: http://mamameea.co.za/?p=65

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here's mine: http://ruimtekameelperd.com/2015/03/05/liebster-award/

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.