A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Saturday, 5 July 2014

Writers Boot Camp Day 5: Find a job ad in the paper. Write about your life if you had that job.

We don't buy the newspapers often, and this week's community paper got destroyed in the rain. So I opted for the next best option - I went to Biz Community and am using the first job ad for Cape Town that I saw.

----
Hmmm my life as a direct account executive is crazy. For one I don't have much time during the week to see my husband or son, sometimes there aren't even weekends. The relentless push to make sales target is driving me batty. Not to mention the effect on my health - tension headaches, chest pains, backache and my weight just keeps on climbing. There's no time for good food when you're going from one coffee to the other meeting potential and current clients. On the plus side the money means my hair constantly looks good. Although I've become more materialistic -  you must dress for success.

----

This topic  is pretty hard. And it's clear that I don't have a very clear or good impression of what it is that account executives do besides try to get sales. It'll be very interesting reading what other people come up with.

----

If you want to take part in the boot camp just follow @writersbootcmp, a new topic is given every day at 18:00 SA time.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.