A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Monday, 20 January 2014

The birthday weekend that was

Friday was a take it easy at home evening, we watched Monsters University. It was much better than the trailed had lead us to think it would be. Saturday was my birthday. I'm now in my last year of 20s 0_o. The day started early, I woke up starving at 06:30. So I had a small breakfast of cereal, but about 09:00ish we headed off to O'ways for breakfast. O'ways is probably my favourite place...it's a pity they don't do dinner, otherwise we'd probably go there a lot more often.

For lunch our friend L made mmmmmpie - it's a cheese and mushroom pie - and roast potatoes. Desert was this most amazing baked chocolate, ginger and raspberry cheesecake...all of it got demolished. I tell you having your friend making her dishes that you love just for your birthday means somewhere you've manged to do the friend thing right.

Post lunch we played board games...so it was a pretty good afternoon. Which we then topped off with sushi buffet for dinner with other friends. It was all kinds of awesome. And it was made better by my presents.

I got most spoilt with my presents. Jerall got me book three of the Mouse Guard series, and issue one of Sandman Overture. A friend gave me great bath stuff, another gave me vouchers for Exclusive Books - which I've already turned into two books :). Another gave me a Musica voucher - still to be spent. And one gave me Takealot voucher - already turned into a book and replacement copy of Love Actually [the one Jerall got me years ago broke :(]. I've also been told that another friend has a prezzie for me when we see her. See much spoilage, and the best part is it was all things for me...not baby related at all.

Yesterday there was gaming, getting books and taking it easy. How was your weekend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.