A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Friday, 5 October 2012

Five for Friday: Books I've recently read, and want everyone to read

For some reason, despite books being such a big part of my everyday life, I tend not to talk/blog about books often. I'll be changing that. You won't be overloaded by book talk, but it will feature more often, starting today.

  1. Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson. Hilarious just doesn't seem to cover how funny this book is. You'll find yourself stopping between chapters simply because you're either out of breath or your stomach muscles just can't handle it anymore.
  2. A Bantu In My Bathroom by Eusebius McKaiser. Thoughtful, well written and something that gets you examining your views on the subjects covered. The essay on coloureds in Cape Town really got me pondering, a week later I'm still considering what was raised.
  3. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde. Funny, well written fantasy with an adventure that happens in a book, you can't go wrong.
  4. Long Earth by Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter. Sci fi where the science makes sense :) Interesting characters, well written and something that just keeps you absorbed.
  5. It's a three way tie between: The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling, Spud: Exit, Pursued By A Bear by John van der Ruit and Unedited by Jane Raphaely. They're three very different books, but all are entertaining, keep you in the world, and just all round enjoyable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.