A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Just the random floating around my mind

  • I'm starting to know my way around town. So well that yesterday I gave directions to lost people twice :). One was someone who last lived here 18 years ago, and the other occurance was to a group of tourists.
  • Zalm broodje is better than harring broodje.
  • Bread and coffee seem to giving my candy problem a run for it's money.
  • Last night we went to Delft, just to go look at Ikea. I've now decided that I need to live in a country with an Ikea. The things they do with limited space is amazing.
  • The trip there also just highlighted how awesome it is to have reliable public transport.
  • Customer service here is actually service. Granted people aren't very friendly, but they help you get what you need. Twice we've had cashiers still give us discount on items even though we don't have the loyalty cards, I've even been told not to go for somethings because it wouldn't be worth it for me. Nothing like that happens at home.
  • There's a farmers market every Wednesday, and so far it's always rained :-/.
  • Although I have the time to see tons of places it's hard to see them, as a lot of the museums are places Jerall would like to see too. It's hard to balance the "I want to see things" with the "I want to see them with J" desire. Oh well at least we're seeing things :).
  • On Saturday we're going to Amsterdam, with that it'll have been a fair amount of Netherlands touring...and we'll start planning our trip to Germany and Paris :).
  • Below is a photo of the Hup Holland mug I bought ages ago, just because :p.

  4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so with you about Ikea! It must have been my favourite place to shop when we lived in Dubai. I've kept the last catalogue I got from there just to remind myself how rad it was when we had access to stuff like that. (Yes, I'm sad like that.)
    It also serves as a really good place to start looking for DIY project ideas. Not that I've actually undertaken any yet. But I could. If I wanted to, I could. Actually I do want to but there's always some reason why I can't just yet. Meh. I heart Ikea.

    And I'm glad you're having a good time up there. Take more pictures, please, and post them on your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tons of pictures, I just don't want to overload everyone with them :). I have though figured something out. Ikea is awesome. Hmmmm I should figure out how to send you the new catalogue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 100% with you on Ikea. I love the idea of a small place (I'm weird that way apparently) but then there's no way to have anything more than the absolute essentials ... until Ikea. If Ikea came to SA I'd be over the moon. And bankrupt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fan of small places, more places with enough room for the essentials and all your books :). Looks like it's time to start a "Bring Ikea to SA" campaign.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.