A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Thoughts

It's the strangest thing, well for me, it just seems much easier doing a lot of the things I do online from my phone. It makes no sense given how small the phone screen is in comparison to that of my pc. Does anyone else feel like that? Yes, it's another post coming to you via my phone ;-).

A few weeks ago someone on twitter had started a conversation about how it made no sense that someone would spend money on looking good, but took taxis instead of owning a car. That was a dumb thing to say, and it highlighted the privileged position those who agreed with it were coming from. That conversation came to mind when I was reading up on the Occupy movement. It seems to me, that those who started it came from positions that should have afforded them advantages and privileges, but now they don't have it.

Not having it has opened their eyes to the lack of privileges/advantages others have had, and now in order for them to regain their position things have to change. It seems to me, that if those who were once privileged hadn't lost that position there wouldn't be a sense of urgency behind it; nor legitimacy. If it wasn't for people with degrees highlighting their struggles in getting a job/keeping their homes things would have been dismissed as the complaints of the poor and uneducated.It sadness me that something that has been a reality to so many for so long has only now become an issue for all.

What are your thoughts on this? Have I made sense or just rambled on?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.