A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Friday, 26 August 2011

Thank the flying spaghetti monster

News, I have a part time job. It's at a bookstore, it's four shifts a week, but it's something. Boy, do I need this something. There is something about being rejected over, and over, and over that just seems to kill you slowly, and painfully for everyone to watch. It turned me into this person, that would get angry just chatting with friends over gchat. So I'd then avoid that for a few days, and get more upset, stupid cycle that. It'd even make me not feel like reading, or have an ugly cry over something stupid like my character in the play by post not being special enough. And try talking to someone about how useless you feel for not finding a job, and you'd get platitudes like "I wish I could look for a new job" or "You're lucky, you don't need to settle for something." Lucky, yes, I'm seriously lucky that I can't find a job and feel guilty when buying something I need because my husband had to pay for it, yes lucky that.

So yip, thank the flying spaghetti monster I have a job.

  5 comments:

  1. YAY for the job and in a book store - thats so cool :)

    I know that rejected feeling - I was looking for a new job on/off for 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady. Bookstores are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to "one of us" - now you can save up for special food outings ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so happy for you! And in a book store! I can think of no better place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Henri :p

    @cat, thanks lady :) Now to not spend the money on books :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.