A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Thursday, 25 August 2011

Day 06- A book that makes you cry

There are a lot of books I've read that have made me cry, but none have stayed with me as much as A Child Called It. I can sort of cope with the dregs of humanity in fiction, but when it's true...it just kills me to be the same species as some people. This book is not for the faint hearted, how Dave was treated, and what was done to him is not an easy read at all. It was reading this novel that convinced me to not go into social work; I knew I wouldn't cope with seeing that story over and over and not snap or beat the crap out of someone.

What book has made you cry?

  2 comments:

  1. Oh I would have chosen this exact book! It has stayed with me an I have read it many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you read the two that came after? Those were easier to read, Dave tells about his experiences after, and the people who helped.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.