A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Friday, 19 August 2011

Day 02-Least favorite book

It's not that this book is terrible, it just didn't grab me and the circumstances around why I read it just left a general negative impression of it. My least favourite is Down Second Avenue by Es'kia Mphahlele. I only read this because I had to teach it to my first year tut classes . It was my job to get them open to reading different things, and explore the facets in this novel that had lead to it being chosen for the Fact and Fiction stream, and it just didn't take. I think part of the problem was that it was set during Apartheid and my kids were just done with learning about it. Those classes were hard to get through.

What's your least favourite, and was it the book or the circumstances that put it on the least list?

  4 comments:

  1. mmm no idea - if I dont enjoy a book I dont finish it.

    We read Tale of Two Cities in school and while it opens well I didnt really enjoy it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think reading something for school has a habit of getting us to dislike things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I generally do not finish a book I hate - so I wil lhaveto think really hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a good thing that you need to think hard about it. Hope you don't think of one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.