A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Friday, 15 July 2011

Five for Friday

The idea of Five for Friday comes from Kayla Aimee's blog. Hers is funny, mine not so much - but it is a much better title for a random post than random ;)

  1. I've been sick this week. And it's my sister's fault. I told her not to come visit when she was sick, but she did anyway. Fortunately I didn't pass it on to anyone that was at our flat warming on Saturday.
  2. Saturday was fun. I finally have people who enjoy playing Lips :)
  3. So it seems that despite being me, I'm a bit reserved. Strange I know, but a friend of about a year and a half now, has never heard me swear till Saturday. Admittedly, it might have something to do with the four glasses of wine, but I didn't really think I was that reserved, or rather self censoring. It's a bit odd.
  4. I'm starting to worry abut what summer will be like in our flat. We've had/ are having great weather this past week and a bit; as a result the flat is warm enough for shorts and t-shirts, and have the fan on 0_o
  5. We have a Five for Friday today, cos I figured it's something easy to use for a new post, and I do keep on meaning to post more often - it just doesn't happen. I digress, I'll be using the Five for ... concept more on a Monday. I like documenting the weekends that were fun, and I stopped doing that because someone told me it was a bit vapid. Yay, for me I got to the point of just not caring. The blog is for me, and whoever decides to read it, and given that I don't have a journal this is where I sort of journal.
A bonus point. Any ideas on the best way to sign off from a post? It seems rude to me to not have some form of signing off. Should it be a catch phrase or just a smiley?

  5 comments:

  1. Its a neat idea, the five for... concept, especially because I read my friend's blogs to see what they have been up to.

    If you want people to comment then a question (like you just did) is a good way to end a post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above comment. A good way I think is to end with a question. Sometimes it helps start the "commenting conversation". I have to admit I end a lot of my posts abruptly - like I run with my thoughs and then I'm done. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 5 points and hec, use it whenever! And no need to @sign off. Do what you want - this is your place - bugger the rest.

    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Issi, true the question at the end does help, but what do I do when I don't have a question?

    @sleepyjane, I'm with you on the thoughts just come out and then be done. It just feels so abrupt, hence the need for a sign off.

    @cat, thanks, I am feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you have been sick :( but glad the party was good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.