A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Thursday, 24 March 2011

Urban Grounds Coffee Emporium

Yesterday I tried out Urban Grounds Coffee Emporium cafe. To say it was a fail is an understatement. The problem is that it has good coffee, but the service was shocking. In my first five minutes there, the manager started shouting at a member of staff, not in the kitchen, or anywhere discreet, but rather in front of customers. Any person who can treat someone like that in front of anybody, deserves a smack upside the head. It didn't seem to bother the manager at all, that there were customers in the cafe, because she wasn't done shouting at the trainee. A few minutes later, she then had the trainee go with her to the outside tables and proceeded to shout at her some more. It was so bad, that a person walking by asked the manger why she was doing that and the trainee why she lets someone speak to her like that.

Following my chicken salad lunch I ordered some cheesecake, it is a weakness. There it was on the cake counter all yummy looking :0 When I placed my order the waiter asked my why I'm ordering cake after having salad :-/ Seriously, when did people get that rude?

Along with the side order of rude, I got served the wrong tea. And laughed at when I told the waitress that what she gave me was not rooibos tea, she had to have some before she believed me :-/ Needless to say, I won't be going back there. If you'd like to avoid bad service don't visit Urban Grounds Coffee Emporium, or Exhibit as it says on their menus, on Frere Rd in Glenwood.

  4 comments:

  1. I really hope you complained, or at the very least wrote a letter. I would be furious. I especially hate it when managers think they can act that way. In my opinion, if someone needs to be reprimanded it should be done in an office and in a polite but firm manner. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did complain, but not as much as I should have, because I just wanted to leave. I agree, you should never reprimand an employee in front of anyone else, it's disrespectful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does not sound good! Hope the food was ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food was tasty, which makes the bad service even worse :-/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.