A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Thursday, 2 December 2010

Day 19: What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?

Religion and I go through phases, but for the most part I'm a believer, just one that doesn't prescribe to it the way churches expect. Religion/faith has always been something important to my family, it was rare to not have gone to church on a Sunday or during the week leading to Good Friday or New Year's Eve. Yip you read right New Year's Eve. All in all it went well, until I got older, read more nonfiction and started to have questions about what we were being taught at church. This did not go over well with my family, because according to them faith is believing without question.

I believe that God would not have given us questioning minds if we weren't meant to question and further our understanding. I think that a lot of people see faith and religious practices as the same thing. So when you see things differently those are the people who lead you to question belief [if someone like that is a believer, can faith really be the right thing?], and they're the same people who make Christian a dirty word.

It might seem naive, but I do believe that although their are different religions it's the same God called by different names. After all the basic religious tenants are the same across all religions. Although that is because religion is man made. This feels a bit like I'm rambling on, but the long and the short is that everyone makes their own decisions regarding religion, and no one should force their beliefs onto anyone.

Politics is a big interest of mine, but like religion it's not for all. It also shouldn't be forced onto everyone, but I do believe that it's your civic duty to know what is going on in your country's political arena; at the very least not to sound like an idiot when talking about it ;)

This is part of a 30 day challenge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.