Thursday, July 29, 2010

Growing the hobby

This month's RPG Carnival is on Growing the Hobby. Growing the hobby is one of the reasons I'm doing the post here and not at Tenletter. I really believe that the best way to grow the hobby is to talk about it with everyone, especially because we have things like this floating around. We've got to get people to see that gaming - in whatever form you do it, rpg, larping, boardgames, etc - is just another interest like reading or watching movies. That people who game are normal and not all of us do costumes. That gaming is just another fun thing to do with your friends.

I'm not saying go around forcing others to take part, but surely your passion for it could spark an interest. So go on invite your non-gamer friend over for a round of Ninja Burger and take it from there.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. It just might spark an interest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. That was an interesting article... I wish I had more "dominatrixes & spike, leather & sex obsessed tattoo artists" at my table!

    Thanks for spreading the WORD Cassey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @blackhuff indeed :)

    @mad brew yip, that article was just crazy

    ReplyDelete