A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Friday, 21 May 2010

Random thoughts

Yesterday my little sister turned 18. The strange thing about it was that it made me feel old. I didn't feel old when I turned 25, but her turning 18 got the "I'm getting old" ball rolling. I think it's got more to do with what I wanted to achieve by this age when I was 18. I was supposed to have my licence by now and working on my PhD, alas none of those are on the cards as yet :-/

Much as the I'm getting older thought freaked me out, it also sparked a chat with Jerall. We're fortunate enough that his salary covers all our expenses with a little bit for treats and minuscule savings. So when I get a job most of it will go into savings to buy a house/loft apartment, furniture - we rent fully furnished places, investments, treats and the holiday fund. So maybe getting older isn't that bad :)

I blame BBC Lifestyle for this one. I've decided we need to go on a food tour of France, Italy and Spain. Yes, there's tons of other really cool stuff to do in those countries, but all I really want to do is go to all the little towns and eat their food. So when I get a job a large chunk of it will go into the holiday fund.

Speaking of holidays, I'm trying to arrange a get together for a long weekend away with friends. So far the Northern Cape looks good for places that most of us haven't been to. Now to just get consensus.

Tomorrow we game :D

Have a great weekend. :)

  5 comments:

  1. have a great weekend too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. I had a bit of a panic attack when I turned 26 this year - I have always planned on having finished my PhD and had a kid by 30 now with just four year to go I can't get my damn PhD funded and there are no baby plans on the horizon. Eek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and have a fab weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, yay you for finishing the M, mine is still a work in progress...with a possible move to a new institution on the cards. Baby plans come and go, mostly I'm just going with the flow of getting my health sorted for now. Thanks enjoy yours too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.