A blog about life - the good, the bad, the people, the books, the games, coffee, and food.

Thursday, 18 February 2010

A little rant

This is me in a friendship: I remember important dates/events, do random phone calls/sms/e-mails/skype/google chats/visits, know your family and do my best to be there for you when you need it. The thing is I really don't mind being the person that makes things happen, but friendship, like all other relationships, is a careful balance of giving and taking. And just once I'd like to be the taker. I just can't always be the one that puts in the work and effort, why can't you visit me for once? Why do I needs to instigate the talks about visits?

We've been in the same city for 5 months since you got back from overseas, how hard is it to see me? Seriously, if you don't want to see me, tell me. I can handle it, I'm not fragile and quite frankly I'd prefer knowing now if I need to stop communicating with you and inviting you to things.

Clearly this is directed towards one particular person, and I'm just over it. More than that I'm over all the other 'friendships' I have going on where I need to do the work and have nothing sent in my direction.

  2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain, being a giver myself. I have a rule now. You flake on me 3 times, its overwith, dont call back 3 times in a row in a month, overwith. For me 3 is that magic number. and the i delete said persons phone number and never talk to them again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great rule Kandi, another person mentioned the same thing. Will def be using it from now on, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)

About Me

My photo

Me in a nutshell: I game, read, tweet, enjoy good food, have bouts of red pen rage and I'm a coffee snob.

tums2tots columnist

2017 Reading Challenge

Cassey has read 1 book toward their goal of 200 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Cassey has read 9 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.